Debt Settlement: Pointless?

Have you recently decided to consolidate your credit card debt and/or use a debt settlement company to settle credit card debt? Most will be surprised to learn this almost never works. What you’re attempting to accomplish is get a credit card company to accept a fraction of the debt owed. The emphasis is that the credit card company has to be willing to accept your offer. Is there another solution? The answer is unequivocally yes. You can use federal law to wipe out your entire debt, while at the same time repairing your credit score. You will also be surprised to know that most can keep their home, keep their cars, keep their money in their bank accounts and other personal assets as NY and federal law have exemptions available that will likely allow you to keep these assets and still file for bankruptcy. Want to know how? Contact an experienced bankruptcy attorney/chapter 7 attorney that handles cases in Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Bronx and Long Island. This is likely the ultimate solution to your credit card balance problems.

Credit Card Balance/Debt and Lawsuits

Most people are surprised to find out that filing for bankruptcy can actually help with your credit score. What? A client recently called me from Queens to get some advice pertaining to a lawsuit for a credit card balance that was filed. The client informed me that he had a debt settlement company a year ago to try to settle the debt. It didn’t take too long to figure out that settlement almost never proves to be useful. The client said he was hesitant to file bankruptcy because he thought he would not be eligible and/or it would ruin his credit. I informed the client that this was all misinformation and that the opposite was in fact true. Most people are shocked when they hear that bankruptcy can wipe out all their debt and still help increase their credit score. If you have credit card debt/balances and you live in NYC (Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island) and Long Island, you should consult with a bankruptcy lawyer. You will likely be surprised that most people can file for bankruptcy and wipe out their credit card debt and still keep all their assets.

Filing the I-751, Application to Remove Conditions on Residence – Filing for your Permanent Greencard After the Grant of a Two Year Card

It’s time now to file for your permanent greencard. The application is ordinarily filed jointly (together with your U.S. citizen spouse). We have many clients from New York City (Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Manhattan, Bronx), Long Island and New Jersey that contact us and tell us that their spouse (husband or wife) will not be signing the application. In many cases, our clients go on to tell us that they’re having marital problems and that their spouse has refused to sign the application and/or is missing and/or has left the marital residence. Can you proceed to file the application without your spouse signing it? The answer is yes. There are exceptions to the joint filing requirement. There are circumstances that permit the filing of the I-751 application on your own based on marital problems and/or based on spousal abuse. This abuse can be mental, emotional and/or physical. If you fall within these categories, do not lose hope. You can file the I-751 (Application to Remove Conditions on Residence) without the involvement of your spouse if you meet certain conditions. You should however consult with an experienced immigration attorney serving New York City – NYC (Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Manhattan, Bronx), Long Island and New Jersey.