I received a 2 year conditional resident card. But, my 2 year green card is about to expire. What do I need to do?

When you have a marriage based green card interview with DHS Department of Homeland Security USCIS and you “pass” the interview and your green card is approved, but you have not been married for 2 years at that time, you will receive what is called conditional resident status. Before that card expires , you are required to apply for the permanent resident green card. This application is an application referred to as a Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence Form I-751. There are many factors that are involved in determining whether you will be interviewed after you file this application. Of course, you want to make sure that the application is properly submitted with evidence that would show that you continue to be at a bona fide relationship with your spouse. Ordinarily, the stronger the evidence is, the less likely you will be called in for another interview.