Can I file form I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence if I am now divorced from my spouse?

Ordinarily a person who was married less than 2 years at the time their green card is granted through the marriage with a citizen of the US will be granted a Conditional Green Card valid for 2 years. When it comes time to file for the permanent green card and remove the conditions, a person will need to file form I – 751. Usually, this application will be filed jointly with the spouse. However, as not all marriages last forever, immigration law does allow certain individuals who were divorced to file this without their spouse signing off on the application. One of the ways an applicant can do this is if they are divorced. I will not get into the specifics for purposes of this post due to limitations in this forum.

Please check us out on
Instagram @gursoylawfirm
Twitter @Gursoylaw
Facebook @gursoylawfirm
Tumblr @gursoylaw