How do I get a green card?

Posted on February 11, 2020

This is a very loaded question and very difficult to answer in a brief manner. There are many considerations to take when attempting to provide this type of answer to a particular person. Answers to many questions are required before this type of advice can be rendered to someone. How did they entered the United States? What is their current status? Are

Read more

I received a Notice To Appear

Posted on February 4, 2020

I received a notice to appear in Immigration Court. I am afraid to go back to my country. What can I do with the immigration judge. So let's say a particular client receives a Notice to Appear in Immigration Court Executive Office for Immigration Review located at 26 Federal Plaza New York City. The clients first reaction is ordinarily panic. The decision

Read more

Getting a Green Card Through Asylum

Posted on January 22, 2020

An individual who is afraid to return to his or her home country for fear of persecution (fear of being hurt, wrongfully accused, jailed, targeted) may file an application for asylum on Form I-589 with USCIS DHS Immigration. This application can be filed by someone who was previously persecuted and even by individuals who may not have been previously persecuted but who

Read more


Posted on January 15, 2020

I filed application USCIS FORM I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residency. The application was denied. Is there anything that could be done now? There are several options when Form I751 is denied. I will not get into the specifics of all the options that are available because the Option that is picked should make the most sense in light of the

Read more


Posted on January 13, 2020

I filed for a green card based on my marriage. I have an interview scheduled with DHS USCIS Immigration at 26 Federal Plaza, Ny Ny. What should I expect to happen? Any marriage based application will require an interview before an Immigration Adjudication Officer. These interviews are usually done at the local immigration office. Ordinarily, when a couple shows up for an

Read more

When you have a marriage based green card interview with DHS Department of Homeland Security USCIS and you "pass" the interview and your green card is approved, but you have not been married for 2 years at that time, you will receive what is called conditional resident status. Before that card expires , you are required to apply for the permanent resident

Read more

Question: Can someone get a green card (permanent residency) if they entered the U.S. with a Tourist Visa and they marry a U.S. Citizen? Answer: If someone is not barred from admissibility, the answer is generally yes. However, individual facts may come into play. Question: If a marriage based application is filed, will the married couple be interviewed by Immigration (DHS)? Answer:

Read more

preview page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 next page