Green Card (Permanent Residency) through Marriage to U.S. Citizen

Do I need a lawyer to file my marriage based green card (permanent residency) application? Does it look suspicious if I file my case with a lawyer or go to an Immigration (DHS) marriage interview with a lawyer?

I am asked these questions all too often. My answer is simple. YES . . . YOU SHOULD HIRE A LAWYER FOR THIS TYPE OF MATTER and NO IT DOES NOT LOOK SUSPSICIOUS. IT SHOWS THAT YOU ARE COMPETENT AND ARE TAKING THIS SERIOUS. This may seem somewhat self serving coming from an Immigration lawyer. But, I assure this is not a sales pitch. Let’s face the facts. You are appearing before an Immigration DHS officer at 26 Federal Plaza, NY NY (if you live within its jurisdiction) to provide sworn statements pertaining to your matter. These Immigration Officers work for the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) under the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for the United States of America. USCIS DHS is represented through these immigration officers who are very well trained and have tremendous power. Doesnt it make sense that you also represented by experienced immigration lawyers to make sure that you are treated fairly and are given due process. The decisions you make early-on can impact the outcome of your very important immigration matter. Remember, it is usually more difficult and expensive to attempt fix or overcome a bad result than to start off properly through the use of an experienced immigration lawyer serving Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island, Manhattan and Long Island, regardless of whether the case is pending at 26 Federal Plaza, NY NY or 30 Barretts Holtsville, NY