Seeking Asylum Protection

What can one do if afraid to go back to their home country due to fear of persecution. One can seek asylum protection and file an application for asylum with Immigration-DHS-USCIS. If you live in New York City -NYC (Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Manhattan, Staten Island) or Long Island, you will likely be called in for an asylum interview at the Asylum Office at 1065 Stewart Avenue, Bethpage, NY. At that time, an asylum officer will interview you and make a decision as to whether you should be granted asylum, denied or referred to the Immigration Court (EOIR – Executive Office for Immigration Review) located at 26 Federal Plaza, New York, NY. Like almost any other area of law, there is a strong advantage for people represented by experienced immigration lawyers. So, having a lawyer represent you with your immigration asylum case either at the asylum office in Bethpage NY or at the Immigration Court at 26 Federal Plaza, NY, NY can make a tremendous difference in the outcome of your case